Mount Lavinia Hotel’s vision to revive its iconic status in a brand new decade with creating unique initiatives towards igniting the senses on culture, music, food, and innovativeness, is indeed showing true colours in the last quarter of 2013; October dawns three unique experiences with October highlighting Faulty Towers Dining Experience, with Probably the Best Oktoberfest and finally New Year’s eve takes on the swinging twenties yet with a modern twist screaming with opulence and grandeur, hence it is no secret what Mount Lavinia Hotel wants to achieve.
“This year it is going to be the biggest Night and we called it No purse needed with whatever you want wherever you want, to bring out the best of the destination, unlimited premium drinks, food, food to go, even smokes and not forgetting the gaming area.”
Live music by Anno Domini at the Empire Ballroom will be named the “Long Island Dansz”. The Lineup of Anno Domini:
· Shehan Perera (Leader -Vocals/Guitar/Drums) – Shehan was a founding member and lead vocalist of the Double Golden Clef award-winning band “Damage” (“Most Popular Band and Most Promising Band”), and the band “Raid”.
· Senaka Pereira (Drums/Percussion/Vocals) – A seasoned drummer, Senaka has in the past played with popular bands such as “Horizon”, “Déjà vu” (winners at Onstage) and “Kreb’s Cycle” (Golden Clef Awards – “Rock Band of the Year” and Winners at Onstage). His favorite styles are Blues and Country.
· Timal Jayamanne (Bass/Vocals) – Formerly of “X-Crt”, “Rage” and “Cross Section”, Timal is a versatile musician possessing a wealth of experience and has been a regular face in Colombo’s Jazz scene. He is a committee member of Colombo’s “Jazz Unlimited”.
· Thushantha Kottachchi (Guitar/Vocals) – Thushantha has in the past played in popular bands Deflection, Phase 3 and Cosmic Rays. His favourite styles are Rock and Country music.
· Rukshan Aponso (Keyboards/Vocals) - Rukshan was a co-founding member of the band “Grey Mind Domain” - finalists at TNL Onstage in 2007. He also plays guitar and bass. Rukshan’s favorite styles of music are Jazz, Blues and Progressive Rock. Rukshan is also well-versed in choral singing, being a member of the “Old Joes Choir”.
Asserting to be a retro band they also play genre of music ranging from standards to Dance, Pop, Reggae, Latin, Jazz, Country, Blues, Folk, Rock, Ballads and Sri Lankan music.
Priced at LKR19,900/-nett the venues will liven up would be Governor’s Rooftop will be the Shots and Smokes, Lower Lobby will be the Samba, Terrace will have a live DJ, Governors Restaurant will have an excessive Dessert Buffet, Horizon Room will be the Gaming and Daisy’s Voice Lounge, and much more. For details call 2711 430.